As promised! A quick tutorial on how to use Snapseed to edit your Christmas photos!
Here, I'll lead you through each step I went through to edit a photo taken on Monday!
1. Open the photo you want to edit
2. Click "Tools" and click "Tune Image"
- This function allows you to make several changes in one spot! My favorite is "Ambiance"
- For this particular photo i decided to first lighten the shadows since my profile was mostly shadowed because the aim of the photo was to get the lights behind me.
3. Click "Ambiance" and brighten the photo a bit more without taking away from the darker colors in the photo
4. Then I used "Brightness" to add a little more brightness to the photo
5. Next, I used the "Selective Tool"
- I haven't found another photo editing app that has this function that works as well as snapseed, which is why this is one of my favorite apps to use.
- using selective tool you can pick exactly WHAT you want to make adjustment to. In the video you can see that this tool allows you to adjust the area that you want to make changes to as well as it focuses on the particular color/hue you are on.
- Selective took allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, or structure of the selected parts.
6. After making the selective adjustments, I went back to "Ambiance" to play with the controls to brighten, add contrast and vibrance to the photo.
7. Next i used the selective tool to add some contrast, adjust the brightness, and ad vibrance to the sky and return it to the dark blue it originally was.
8. Next i adjusted the "details" of the photo to add some depth to the photo that was lost in the editing.
9. I then added "Glamor Glow"
10. And finally went back to "Tune image" and tweaked the brightness one more time, then saved the photo.
This may seem like a lot to do, but in the end its worth it!! Give it a try and let me know what you think and share some of your edits!!